Bhutan Unfurling with the Paro Festival in Western Bhutan. Led by Senior Bhutanese Guide.
As the premier world class expert of this iconic Buddhist nation. Far Fung Places continues to hold the keys to The Kingdom of Bhutan. We were among the first travel companies to market Bhutan to the outside world more than 25 years ago. Far Fung Places' presents Bhutan to you in a way that makes it possible to understand from an experienced perspective why this is quite possibly the most intriguing destination on earth. In the USA, we are the exclusive agents for Bhutan Tourism Corporation Ltd., the oldest and most experienced of the kingdom's travel companies.
Our most popular Bhutan program unfurls to reveal the country's artistic, spiritual, and ancient traditions, but it also highlights both contemporary and rural society. Renowned lecturers provide provocative talks on Mahayana Buddhism, gross national happiness, and Bhutanese music with a private performance on traditional instruments. You will get a sense of the past with visits to 17th century monasteries and temples, but also discover the rhythms of everyday life through personal encounters with villagers in their homes or farmhouses.
Our favorite guides, Tshering or Phub, with Bhutan Tourism Corporation Ltd. will be looking after you. They have been leading trips for BTCL and Far Fung Places for more than 20 years. Their depth of knowledge not only of the country but the flora and fauna make them popular guides in Bhutan.
This departure showcases the Paro festival with elaborate dances invoking the deities of Tantric Buddhism. Through the elaborate sacred masked dances, the deities of Tantric Buddhism are invoked, and all misfortunes and even physical ills can be dispelled. If you are fortunate enough to attend during the unfurling of the Thangka (Thongdrel), you can be released from the cycle of reincarnation. The dromchoe is held in the Paro Dzong, one of the most magnificent fortresses in Bhutan.
Please inquire about our day-to-day itinerary for more details.
March is generally clear with blooming rhododendrons and dogwoods. Evening and early morning temperatures can be in the low 50s in the morning, climbing to 60s during the day. There may be short periods of rain, common in the spring, but there are excellent chances to see the high peaks of the eastern Himalayas.
• Le Meridien in Thimphu
• Zhiwaling in Paro
• Kunzhangzhing in Punakha
• Jakar Village Lodge in Bumthang
Due to the demand of the Paro festival, our group is limited to 5 rooms. For client comfort, we include the flight from Bumthang back to Paro. Please note these flights can be delayed due to weather or in rare cases, cancel, but March/April are generally fine weather wise.
Land price: $5675 per person sharing a room and includes: 11 nights in Bhutan. Single supplement $1665 per single.
• 11 nights in hotels: 2 nights in the luxury Le Meridien in Thimphu, 3 nights at the luxury Zhiwaling in Paro in a junior suite, 2 nights in the deluxe Kunzangzhing in Punakha, one night at a three star Bhutanese hotel in Trongsa, 3 nights at the Jakar Lodge which earned a certificate of excellence from Trip Advisor, a possible night at the Ogden Choling in Tang valley, renovated manor of Kunzhang Choden, in lieu of one night in Bumthang.
• Flight from Bumthang to Paro included based on published schedule.
• Meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner In Bhutan on a set, table d'hote, or buffet basis, depending on the specific hotel.
• One bottle of mineral water daily provided on the coach or van, not through hotel /restaurant outlets.
• Comprehensive sightseeing * traveling with Phub or Tshering, a seasoned Bhutan expert guide.
• Van for group of three to five people, or coach if a group of six or more.
• Transfers if arriving and departing with the group.
• Visa, visa processing.
• Three lectures given by experts in their fields.
• Private musical performance given by renowned musicologist (if he is not in residence we will substitute another performance on traditional musical instruments).
• Upgraded meal program, which includes wine with some dinners.
• Gratuities to the restaurants and hotels for food, service, and porterage, EXCLUDING tips to guide and driver.
• Plus: Druk Airlines Bangkok to Paro to Bangkok––economy. Approximately $675 to $850 per person.
Return to Bhutan Travel Programs 2019